Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy is a Myth!

I scoffed at them.. The little girls in their pigtails, playing “Wedding Wedding” with Ken & Barbie. Then I would jumb back on my Bmx and take off for the nearest hill. Didn’t they know? Ken would either a) cheat b) get fat and sit on the couch drinking beer in front of the rugby c) become a premature ejaculator (then blame her) d) leave or e) all of the above. The only man a girl can trust is her daddy. And even that is a 50/50 bargain on a good day in some households.

And yet there I was signing the certificate that gave away my name and legally bound me to another human being. WTF was I thinking?!?
It’s not like I was young, and didn’t know better. But I was pregnant and thinking I was doing the right thing… And I did love him, hey? I did love him. I must have.

Fast Forward 6 years and here I sit banging away at a keyboard (when I should be banging away at someone else!), complaining about men and life and the lack of Baby’s Changing Rooms in Victoria’s Secret shops.

So my son is 6 and on his way to becoming the man I would want my daughter to marry (ladies, you can write and thank me later). My ex sits in Australia, which is great for him NOT having visitation rights whenever he wants! And I get to explore the wide blue yonder again. So, where does one start all over again? Times have changed, people don’t just meet through Kerk anymore. Its now all Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Blogs and Internet dating. And trying to wade through all the cyberspace bullshit that permeates the airwaves (see I am still and 80’s child at heart) is like trying to eat spaghetti with chopsticks!

But one is never to old to learn, and learn I shall!

No comments:

Post a Comment