Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Son, The Wise One

So besides being an avid Anti-Gym advocate (I am convinced it will kill you) I am also a very nice, charming and funny person actually.. My previous rant was due to an unscheduled staircase climb, which I didn't get a chance to properly mentally prepare myself for, you see.

OK so I am a nice person (Smile), I work (hard), I am a single mom (to above mentioned wise-ass, I mean wise one) and I enjoy things that make me laugh, usually the girlfriends, things that make me drunk, preferably wine, and pretty little things like shoes.

My son is six, going on 60. He tells me what to do more than I do him.. But now I have the upper hand. This weekend, he lost both his upper incisors! Yes both. And yes, I do tease the fuck out of him.. I make him say words that make him lisp, and I make him kiss me lots on the cheek coz now it sounds funny. I am having so much fun. Do you think I am scarring him? Don't care, it's my job. My mother scarred me, it's what we do.

You wanna see what a wise ass he is..

Scene 1: Kai’s is sick, he has a sore throat and is lying in my bed, watching cartoons wrapped in my duvet, propped by 500 pillows.
I am taking his temperature with the ear gun temp thing. I switch it on, stick it in his ear and wait for the beep. Kai is quiet and watching he gun thing intently, then watching me watch it. Then he suddenly pipes up “So what’s the verdict Mom? Am I cold blooded?”
“No my son.. You just watch too much Animal Planet!”

Scene 2: Few weeks later Kai & I snuggling on the couch, watching TV, it’s almost his bedtime.
I tell him it’s getting late and that he must start getting ideas about bed.
Trying to distract me he says he starts a discussion about the solar system (too much Discovery). He says he prefers daytime, I say I prefer the night. He says he prefers the sun, I say I prefer the dark. He looks at me and says “You’re a vampire aren’t you?”.

But fuck I love this kid! He obviously takes after me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment