Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cousins are the Best Family


They say that you can choose your friends, but not your family. With family, in most cases unfortunately, it’s a “What you get, is what you get” kinda deal. Fucking sucks, but ja, what can you do.. That’s why I thank Baby Jesus, every day, for giving me Miss Journo. She’s the best pal a gal can have, and she’s family! Which means that she knows the psychos I deal with on a daily basis, and chooses not to judge me by them. And she loves me like a sister in spite of it. (I had to put that sister part in there because of you perverts out there, who are now getting hot lesbian sex clips in your head!).

Besides being in-stitches, wet your pants, funny. She is wise. We can finish each other’s sentence (but not after 3 bottles of wine, then we cant speak at all). We have the same nicknames for people, without even telling each other. And we talk in code so as to confuse others, and to appear more polite than we are actually being.
I can read her like a book, and she me.. She is the one person in my life I have never felt afraid to say absolutely anything to! And I mean anything. Including her Bad Boy’s Haircut of 1995, and the You’re Being a Bitch / Prime Circle debacle. We have mutual respect for each other, which I think is very important. She thinks I am an awesome mother, with a wonderful son (who takes after his mother). And I live vicariously through her, and her Carrie Bradshaw antics. We phone each other just to cry, and laugh, into the handsets. Sometimes laugh until we cry, or cry until we laugh again. When she goes overseas for extended periods, there is a hole in my phone where her bb’s used to be. And I physically feel her absence in silence of daily emails and phone calls, even though we have lived in different cities since we left school.

She is the one person who gets me, and my crazies, and my twisted cracked sense of humour, and feeds it with more fucked up shit only I will laugh at, and then feeds off it by thinking I am hilarious! It’s a vicious, ego boosting, circle we share! An added bonus is, she is almost psychic. I say almost because we haven’t had her tested yet, and she did such a kak job on her Durban July predictions. Our horse hasn't even come in yet.

Yes, that's us buttsexing on the right.. Before we knew what buttsex was!!

More civilized, and very young..

So here’s to you Miss Journo… My Ode to Flange!

Happy Birthday to someone who shares the same traits I do.. Gorgeousness, hilarity, and an abundance of dark hair! And no greys ;o)
My Flange.. You are the Meredith to my Yang, the Thelma to my Louise, and my life would suck without you! (Thank you Kelly Clarkson for that mind blowing line)

I know this year is not the same as last year, but let’s be fair, I can’t keep allowing you to turn 28 AGA
IN! People are starting to talk time travel and space-time-continuance when your back is turned. Also I know that last year you woke up next to a hawt beefy Australian.. Sorry I couldn't make it this year, but that accent was killing my throat! Next year choose something easier, like german, or scottish!

So in closing.. I want to say that a girl couldn't ask for a better BFFF (the extra eff is for the effing eff word okay) than you..
Not only am I proud to call you friend, I would definitely say that you are one family I would choose over and over, and over, again.

Love you long time, miss you every day (sad crying face)! Maybe one day we will get it right to live in the same zip code again!! And hopefully before we either end up in the same jail cell or old age home dormitory room!

I wish I was there to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of your 26th Birthday with you! We would tear the arse outta it!!

Have a rocking day biaatch!! Mwah!!

Have a LARGE one on me..

And I'll have a LARGE one for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment